Today is the National Chocolate Day 28 october.
This wonderful creamy chocolate cake is from Marta Stewart recipe collection.
A simple chocolate layer of sponge cake topped with your choice of ice cream – which is then wrapped in uncooked meringue and lashings of chocolate sauce.
The texture is soft, moist and the taste is awesome,enjoy in this chocolate dream fantasy.
- FOR THE CAKES:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup warm water (about 100 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- FOR ASSEMBLING:
- Vegetable oil, cooking spray
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream (3 pints)
- FOR THE MERINGUE:
- 12 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
Please look preparation method at :marthastewart