I found this recipe, while searching for a make-ahead recipe for breakfast.Toast bake is a dish that first originated in France and is an integral part of the French Cuisine.
This yummy gooey goodness has a crispy top and soft bread pudding-like texture inside. Simple, delicious, buttery, and sweet. This French Toast Bake is always a hit, everyone always wants something sweet during a brunch party.
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup