If you like coconut, you’ll love this.
The filling is velvety light smooth, the flavor is perfect and the coconut is, well, it’s very coconutty of course.This pie recipe is a combination of at four layer and the end result was very good.
This The Ultimate Coconut Cream Pie by Laura’s Sweet Spot is absolute coconut cream pie perfection with the first bite.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1½ cups whole milk, divided
- 1 envelope (about 2½ teaspoons) unflavored gelatin
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can pure coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 2½ cups shredded, flaked coconut, divided (sweetened, flaked coconut from the baking aisle)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Please look preparation method at :laurassweetspot